Centum Learning's client, a global electronics brand was facing the challenge of low counter share in key outlets as well aslow product knowledge amongst their sales team, they decided to partner with us to enhance the product knowledge of their sales team by setting up a structured learning path as well as, to directly train their sales team members.
The key output criteria were Improved Product Knowledge. A clear goal was set aside to show a tangible improvement in knowledge scores in monthly assessments.
Centum Advisory solution's journey, along with the outcome was presented at the Crossfire Grand Finale with the representation of the entire leadership. The clear cut outcomes through the intervention were as follows:
- Sales – 16% increase in Model outlet sales, as well as increase in traction of high-end panel TV in tier 2 & 3 cities
- Product Knowledge Scores – Improved scores of the entire sales team.
- Setting up of a Learning Culture – Participation in Online assessment improved from 75% to 95%, Pan India
CENTUM 5D APPROACH
To address & overcome the challenges, Centum Learning deployed its proprietary 5D approach:
1. DEEP DIVE
- Need Diagnostic study (NDS) - As part of this exercise , Centum Experts visited 10 different cities covering a mix of metro market, Tier 2,3,4 & also markets based on leadership, challenger & follower categories. In all they visited over 40+ Outlets across categories.
- Stakeholder Feedback/ Observations - Second part of Deep dive, included meetings with key stakeholders i.e. Area Managers, Branch Managers, Regional Managers, Distributors & Product Heads.
- Competition Info – As part of the exercise, Centum Team also visited outlets of our client's competitors. Objective was to do benchmarking based on product line up.
- Value selling - The focus of the sales team was more on price and less on value selling
- No focus on value selling No enforcement of product knowledge - The entire emphasis of Sales team was on Primary & secondary sales, with no focus on product knowledge.
- No Standard Evaluation & Categorisation - There was no standard mechanism to evaluate sales team and categorize them basis their product knowledge.
- No Structured Skill Building - No focus on upskilling of the team.
- POSM guidelines were not being followed.
- Knowledge and Skills Contest, Crossfire was created
- Journey – The learning journey was designed to cover 700+ team members in Pan India that included multiple levels - Branch, Regional, Zonal, and Nationals
- Regular Online Assessments – Monthly online assessments were designed with inputs from product heads with an objective of self-assessment.
- Customised & Blended Learning Journey designed with assessments followed by Classroom intervention. All Learning journeys were defined with a clear business KPI in mind.
- Model Outlet Project – A fixed number of outlets assigned to all team members with an objective of improvement on Display & FIS product knowledge.
- Another biggest enabler for our client was the involvement of their leadership team in most of the intervention.
- A project charter with clear timelines & Responsibilities was defined.
- 70:20:10 delivery model
- Sales Team Contest – The Biggest enabler was the learning cum contest which helped the sales team to focus on product knowledge due to competition within colleagues.
- Continuous learning with a mix of CRT, Online Assessment & Digital Learning.
- Project Review - Monthly review with National Training Head & Trade Marketing Head on improvement on product knowledge scores.
5. DERIVE OUTPUT
"I appreciate your hard work, passion, dedication to making Crossfire successful. I know how much time and effort you invested to not only get the project done prior to the deadline, but to ensure the client was satisfied with every step of the process."
Head – Trade Marketing
GIVING WINGS TO DREAMS
MEENAKSHI KUMARI, NEW DELHI
In the hustle bustle of the an international airport it is easy to overlook this smilin...
IN LOVE WITH GRAND AUTO
NITESH SONI, RAJASTHAN
Nitesh Soni, a graduate from Jaipur has humble dreams - \"a good job, my own house and ...
WITH GREATER GRIT COMES GREATER GLORY
KAMLESH, NEW DELHI
Hers is the story of most women in small towns of India: married at a tender age and an...
WHEN THE UNIVERSE CONSPIRED!
DEEPA ADVANI, RAJASTHAN
Jaipur-born Deepa Advani, Masters in Sociology, never dreamt that she would work in the...
It was a great effort put in by Centum team. Detailing of the entire event coupled with flawless execution is really appreciable. Hope to see many mor...
Manager, Network Development Tata Motors
As a company, we are young, dynamic and are constantly looking to grow. Resting on our laurels is not an option. We are always looking for ways to imp...
CEO Matrix Cellular International Services Pvt. Ltd
The need for establishing a 'AMW Way of Selling' was envisaged to strengthen the AMW sales culture and we partnered with Centum Learning to leverage i...
DGM - Learning & Organisation Development Asia MotorWorks
The process manual devised by Centum Learning experts is highly elaborate and would help us in many ways....
Vice President Everest Industries Ltd.
I would like to take this opportunity to appreciate the good work put in by Centum. It has made a lot of difference to the staff and we are clearly se...
General Manager Guest Relations, DIAL