Skilling for Government
India has 1.2 billion population that’s expected to reach 1.48 billion by 2030. India will be the largest contributor to the global workforce, with working-age population (15-59) likely to swell from 749 million to 962 million over 2010 to 2030. By 2020, the average age in India will be only 29 years, compared with 37 in China and the United States, 45 in Western Europe, and 48 in Japan. Thus, it doesn’t come a s a surprise that a young & dynamic workforce will steer India's economic growth in the next decade
While a young workforce is an immense advantage to the country, the professional realm continues to struggle in its quest to find skilled and efficient talent. According to different industry reports, as much as 40% of vacancies at the entry level don't get filled due to paucity of skilled manpower. Industry sectors across the board are facing shortage of skilled talent leading to a stark gap in demand and supply.
To bridge this demand - supply gap, Centum Learning is partnering with government departments / agencies under various government schemes to skill people across sectors. It has partnered with the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India under the Swarna Jayanthi Gram Swarozgar Yojgna (SGSY), Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojna (SSRY) and also with the Directorate General of Resettlement with an attempt to increase the employability quotient of the rural poor. This is an endeavor to elevate them above the poverty line by empowering them through various these skill training programmes which will further provide employability.
Centum Learning implements an end- to- end employability solution that includes:
- Youth mobilization and counseling
- Training execution
- Assessment and Certification
- Placement support
Instances where Centum Learning has offered skilling solutions for the government and its agencies
- Centum Learning has partnered with Ministry of Skills and Entrepreneurship to roll out Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) which is the flagship outcome-based skill training scheme to impart employability linked skilling programme to 24 lakh youth across India. As the largest partner of NSDC, Centum Learning will play a pivotal role to enable and mobilize a large number of Indian youth to take up outcome based skill training and become employable and earn their livelihood.
Under the scheme, monetary reward would be provided to trainees who are successfully trained, assessed and certified in skill courses run by affiliated training providers. PMKVY is a digitally upgraded scheme whose implementation has been done online as well. Beneficiaries of this scheme have been contacted by call centers and through extensive on-ground mobilization programmes. Local MPs, Ministers and District Collectors are involved. ‘Skills Melas’ are organized to mobilize and sensitize the youth in enrolling with the scheme.
Centum Learning has already kickstarted mobilization camps in states of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Bihar, Manipur, West Bengal, Assam, Karnataka and Odisha.
- Centum learning has collaborated with National Urban Livelihoods Mission, Government of Madhya Pradesh to provide employability-linked skilling programmes to urban BPL youth of Madhya Pradesh across 6 districts namely Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Khargone, Narsinghpur and Sehore.
As a part of this project, Centum Learning would impart employability linked skilling programme in Telecom, Construction, ICT, Automobile & Healthcare sectors. Each programme constitutes of 300-370 hours of core training, 100 hours of on-the-job training and 30 hours for Soft skills training. Under the project, 8000+ candidates will be trained on various skills including DTH, Call Centre Executive; Assistant Work Supervisor, Building Carpenter, Assistant Dry Wall and False Ceiling, Mason, Accounts Assistant using Tally, Automobile Technician, Bed Side Attendant.
Centum Learning will facilitate their placement in key employment sectors or assist them to seek self-employment upon successful completion of the programme.
- Centum Learning has been empanelled by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) to conduct sensitization programme for nodal officers of bank and other functions involved with the collection remittance of the NPS under Atal Pension Yojana or other pension schemes as specified by the PFRDA across North, East and West in 28 States including Union Territories. The Atal Pension Yojana primarily focuses on the unorganized sectors.
The duration of the sensitization programme would be 4 hours. It would impact around 1.5 Lac Bank Branches across the country and train approximately 88740 participants with at-least 01 official per branch of the targeted Banks. The scheme is scheduled to be launched on June 01, 2015.
- Centum Learning has collaborated with Department of Industries, Government of Bihar to provide up-skilling programmes to youth of Bihar across 5 districts namely Gaya, Madhubani, Patna, Muzaffarpur and Purnia. As a part of this initiative, Centum Learning will train a total of 800 candidates under two trades- Sheet Metal Fabrication and Screen Printing. Each programme constitutes of 45 days training, which includes both theory & practical sessions to develop the requisite skills and theoretical understanding. Candidates will be facilitated with placement/ self-entrepreneurship assistances upon successful completion of the course. So far, 400 youth have been mobilised, 150 enrolled, and training & assessment of 25 candidates has been completed.
- Centum learning has entered into a partnership with Manipur Urban Development Agency (MUDA) to implement a training programme among the urban BPL youth from Imphal Municipal Area of Manipur. As a part of this project, Centum Learning would impart employability linked skilling programme in Mobile Repairing & Maintenance and Bed side Assistance. The programme constitutes of 75 days of theoretical and practical learning to provide necessary trade skills. Under this initiative, Centum Learning will train 400+ candidates in the current financial year and facilitate their placement in key employment sectors or assist them to seek self-employment upon successful completion of the programme.
- Centum Learning and Uttar Pradesh Skill Development Mission (UPSDM) have entered into a collaboration to offer Placement Linked Employability Programme to skill urban youth in Rampur, Bahraich and Shravasti districts of Uttar Pradesh. As a part of this project, Centum Learning would impart employability linked training in Accounting, Hospitality, Retail Sales, and Computer & IT Skills to candidates in the age group 14-35 years and facilitate their placement with leading corporates in key employment sectors upon successful completion of the programme. Centum Learning will train 3600 students in the current financial year, as a part of the initiative.
- Centum Learning has partnered with the Ministry of Rural Development scheme ROSHINI to provide employability linked training to the rural youth in Balrampur, the left wing extremism (LWE) affected district of Chhattisgarh. As a part of this training, Centum Learning would provide three months full time residential training programme to 2000 youth in the age group of 18-35 and impart training in the areas of Sales, BPO, Hospitality and Telecom Sales.
- Centum Learning has entered into a partnership with Osmania University, Hyderabad-one of the oldest institutions in India, to impart skill based training to enhance employability of MBA students in the University. Under the partnership, Centum Learning would impart skill based training to more than 5000 University students at Osmania University, under Standard Training Assessment and Reward scheme (STAR) launched by Government of India. The employability linked course in retail industry relevant skills- Retail- level III, would deploy unique learning methodology comprising role plays and group discussions to induce effectiveness in learning.
- Centum Learning has signed an MOU with Meghalaya State Skill Development Society (MSSDS), Government of Meghalaya, to implement MSSDS’s placement linked skill development initiatives in the state. Centum Learning, a key partner of MSSDS in the two-year long intervention, would impart employability-linked training to candidates in the age group 18-35 years and facilitate their placement with leading corporates in key employment sectors like Hospitality, IT/ITeS, Retail and Telecom in the first year of the training.
- Centum Learning has entered into a partnership with the National Institute of Securities Management (NISM) to train working professionals in the securities market under the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Programme. Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has authorized NISM to implement the mandatory training and certification process for associated persons in securities market. Centum Learning, as the official CPE provider, would train around 3500 professionals Pan India, who would then undergo a mandatory certification process within the current financial year.
- Guided by the vision to build a skilled & employable country, Centum Learning has achieved yet another milestone, this Independence Day, by launching the pilot batch in August for National Skill Certificate and Monetary Reward scheme. The scheme to skill 1 million youth was formally launched by the Finance Minister & the Minister of Rural Development at the Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. The pilot project is a part of the ambitious 'National Skill Certificate and Monetary Reward' scheme, under which, one million youth would be skilled by the end of current financial year. The scheme covers many job roles across sectors as per the National Occupational Standards and will be led by the respective Sector Skills Councils (SSCs).
- Centum Learning has entered into a partnership with Odisha Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Development Finance Co-operative Corporation Limited (OSFDC) under Government of Odisha to skill youth in the state. The project aims at economic empowerment of BPL families belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes (DTDP) and scavenger families. Under the project, approximately 10,000 people from BPL families will be trained on various skills including Retail Sales, Telecom Installation & Fault Repair, Telecom Tower Equipment Operations & Maintenance, DTH installation, etc., across eight districts of the state.
- Centum Learning has entered into a partnership with the government of Bihar to skill the Mahadalit community of Bihar under Dashrath Manjhi Kaushal Vikas yojna along with Bihar Mahadalit Vikas Mission(BMVM). The project aims to improve the socio economic condition of Mahadalits by sharpening their skills and making them job-ready. Under the project, approximately 8000 people from Mahadalit community will be trained on various skills including Telecom Installation & Fault Repair, Telecom Tower Equipment Operations & Maintainance, DTH installation, etc., across all 38 districts of the state.
- Centum Learning, in partnership with Madhya Pradesh Council of Employment and Training (MAPCET), is conducting training programmes to enhance skills and provide employment opportunities to youth belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe communities of Madhya Pradesh. Under the programme, 3500 people, across nine districts of Madhya Pradesh would be imparted skills in several domains including: Sales, Organized Retail, BPO, Telecom Installation & Fault Repair, Telecom Tower Equipment Operations & Maintenance, etc.
- Centum Learning has entered into a partnership with Mission for Elimination of Poverty in Municipal Areas (MEPMA), Govt. of Andhra Pradesh, for skill development and placement of urban unemployed youth under the placement linked skills training programme. The objective of programme is to convert large number of non-literate, school drop-out, unskilled and unemployed youth into productive workforce by building their skills thereby promoting inclusive growth. In the first phase, Centum Learning is mobilizing and skilling candidates in eleven districts namely Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Karimnagar, Chittoor, Nellore, Guntur, Vishakapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Khammam and Warangal. Under the programme, more than 1300 candidates have been trained, out of which, around 750 have been successfully employed with leading corporates.
- Centum Learning has partnered with Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of Jharkhand, to offer training programme in Candle Making to adolescent girls in the age group of 14-18 years to make them independent entrepreneurs. The programme falls under the purview of 'SABLA'- an indigenous social development programme aimed at women empowerment. The programme involves conducting training sessions for the adolescent girls across 13 blocks of Giridih district of the naxalite infested area of Jharkhand. The training programme which entails five day training on candle making, marketing, packaging and interfacing with industry, empowers and equips adolescent girls to set up, run and manage small scale businesses independently. Girl students completing the training can set up small scale trading businesses for which they can take small loans from agencies like NABARD and several other micro finance institutions. Centum Learning provides training, certification and necessary market linkages for setting up small scale entrepreneurial ventures, while government provides necessary infrastructure to mobilize girl candidates for enrolling into the training programme.
- In order to promote employability of the youth BPL families around Delhi, Centum WorkSkills India has trained and placed candidates under the Skills Training for Employment Promotion amongst Urban Poor (STEP UP). The intervention covered candidates in areas including: Nangloi, Najafgarh, Azadpur and Adarsh Nagar and provided training in the areas of Organized Retail, Customer Services Associates and DTH Technicians
- Centum WorkSkills India has entered into an arrangement with Employment Generation Marketing Mission (EGMM) to skill the rural unemployed youth of Andhra Pradesh across 22 districts including: Krishna, Khamman, Ranga Reddy, Guntur, Kurnool, Kadappa, Nellore, Warangal, Mehbubnagar, Medak and Nalgonda. Training is provided to the urban youth in following areas: Sales, Organized Retail, DTH and Telecom Tower Maintenance and Fault Repair. Centum has gone a stepahead and made it possible to convert the immense potential that we have in numbers to actual talent, leading to increased employability and development:
- Provide employment opportunities to the victims of family members of Bhopal Gas tragedy
- Leveraging the expertise of retired Armed Forces personnel
- Employability linked training under Swarna Jayanthi Gram Swarozgar Yojna
- Increasing the employability of the Tribal Youth