What are the differences (and similarities) between Teaching, Presentation Skills and Training? This is a question that gets many trainers and other managers completely foxed. The answer lies in the simplicity of these concepts.
Teaching is all about “What do they know?” Teaching is focused on transference of information. It is simple, direct, easily evaluated. For a large number of knowledge transfer requirements, it is still the quickest solution to a problem. Teaching is still valuable but not enough to ensure success.
Presentation Skills is all about “Selling your idea”. A presentation is an environment for someone to promote his/her ideas, products, or services. During a presentation, you have a captive audience and are able to provide them with relevant information. You can answer any question that any member of the audience may have. Presentations can open doors, win new business, communicate with colleagues, etc.
Training is “Guiding learners through the steps of discovery learning”. Training targets an identified business need. Training process follows a path that includes planning, preparation, delivery and evaluation. The amount learned by a learner at training sessions is directly related to how the training content is presented. The people who attend training sessions are adults. The end objective of training is to focus on what do the participants remember to use in their workplace.
- Corporate Training
- Customer Service
- Sales & Distribution
- Skill Development
- Skill Development and Emerging Economies
- Skills for Global Employability
- Skills for Schools & Colleges
- Vocational Education & Training
- Teaching, Presentation Skills and Training
- Are your Training customers asking you for ‘Training Outcomes’ in ‘Business Outcome Terms’?
- Elevating Standards On Level Playing Field – A Case for BFSI
- Centum Learning participated in Global Conference on Skilling in Schools as Strategic Training Partner
- Centum Learning participated in 2nd Bihar Innovation Forum
- Centum Learning Organizes Job Fiesta in Bihar
- Careers in Media & Entertainment Industry
- Bridging the gap between the manpower and Industry
- Sustainable & Scalable Skills Development
- Challenge in Skill Development
Centum Skill Instructor's Guild
Centum WorkSkills India Limited
Corporate Training India
Customer Service Training
Education Sector in India
Enhancing ROI on Training
FICCI Global Skills Summit 2012
Indian Education Congress 2013
Largest Training company
Largest Training Company in India
National Skill Development Mission
Public Private Partnership
ROI on Training
Sales & Distribution
Sector Skills Council
Skills for Employability
Skills for Global Employability
VCCircle Education Summit 2012
Vocational Education & Training