Are your internal/external training customers asking you to deliver ‘Training Outcomes’ in ‘Business Outcome Terms’. I know, many trainers and training managers are already crying foul and yelling in their minds, “Training results cannot be accurately measured”. Yet, I suggest that you continue reading this article.
In many cases, current Training Methodology adopted by trainers and training managers is:
STEP-1 : Regular Instructional Design based approach of defining Learning Objectives as ………………. On successful completion of this module, the participant will be in a position to ……………(for example)…… , “Demonstrate methodology of Greeting, Listening and Acknowledging Customers” or “Demonstrate how to eliminate doubts that arise in the minds of customers and propose a solution to their query” or “Demonstrate Selling Skills learnt successfully through role plays”.
STEP-2: Develop training materials as per design
STEP-3: Implement/Execute training intervention
STEP-4: PRAY TO GOD. EXPECT A MIRACLE TO HAPPEN!
STEP-5: A Ha! – Results achieved. Or is it?
The days partying seem to be over. Every organisation, however high on profitability, has multiple uses of money it can invest. Customers, at least the big spenders are asking ‘value for their money’ translated into ‘Business Outcome’ terms. From a customer’s perspective, Learning Objectives should be stated in a way in which your customer’s company creates value for its customers. Your customers want to know:
- What benefit will this training programme have for my company?
- How will this training programme result in performance improvement for the participants / organization?
- What are the training effectiveness measurement parameters?
- What is the methodology for measurement of these parameters?
- What is the total Cost-to-Company (include all costs including opportunity costs)?
- Firstly, let us understand what “in business terms” means. It does not mean only money terms, it means more than money. “in business terms,” means “verifiable outcomes that are relevant to business”.
- Create complete intervention plan with timelines, including, training, coaching by supervisor, self-paced learning, assessment, etc.
- Corporate Training
- Customer Service
- Sales & Distribution
- Skill Development
- Skill Development and Emerging Economies
- Skills for Global Employability
- Skills for Schools & Colleges
- Vocational Education & Training
- Centum Learning Organizes Job Fiesta in Bihar
- Is skill & vocational training a scalable and lucrative business in India today?
- Centum Learning organized a Job Fair at Kaimur District, Bihar
- Centum is the largest NSDC partner
- Launch of Mass Mobilisation Campaign for Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY)
Centum Skill Instructor's Guild
Centum WorkSkills India Limited
Corporate Training India
Customer Service Training
Education Sector in India
Enhancing ROI on Training
FICCI Global Skills Summit 2012
Indian Education Congress 2013
Largest Training company
Largest Training Company in India
National Skill Development Mission
Public Private Partnership
ROI on Training
Sales & Distribution
Sector Skills Council
Skills for Employability
Skills for Global Employability
VCCircle Education Summit 2012
Vocational Education & Training